Mary Petrovich is an Operating Executive focused on U.S. buyout opportunities in the automotive and transportation sector. She is also Executive Chairman of AxleTech International, a company reacquired by Carlyle in January 2015.
Prior to Carlyle, Ms. Petrovich was Chief Executive Officer of AxleTech International, culminating in the December 2008 sale of AxleTech to General Dynamics, where she continued to lead the business two more years. Prior to her decade with AxleTech, Ms. Petrovich served as President of Dura Automotive’s global $1 billion Driver Controls unit. Before Dura, she held roles of increasing responsibility with AlliedSignal, leading several automotive/industrial businesses. Early in her career, Ms. Petrovich served in a variety of engineering, manufacturing & finance roles with Chrysler and GM.
Ms. Petrovich received her MBA from Harvard Business School and a BSE in Industrial and Operations Engineering from the University of Michigan.
Expertise: Industrial (defense, aftermarket, automotive, capital goods); distressed businesses
Carlyle Boards: Accudyne (Hamilton Sundstrand); Signode (ITW Packaging); AxleTech International
Public— Woodward, Inc. (NYSE:WWD); WABCO Holdings (NYSE:WBC); Private – Xeeva Software
Advisory Councils –- University of Michigan Health System Advisory Council, College of Engineering Leadership Advisory Board; Private Equity Firm Advisory Council – American Securities Partners; Michigan-based small-cap fund, Blackford Capital
Academic/ Education — University of Michigan Campaign Leadership Council; University of Michigan Letterwinners M Club – 3-Year President now advisor; Western Golf Association’s Evans Scholars Foundation, Director
Former – (resigned 1/2014 on good terms): Modine Manufacturing Company (NYSE: MOD); GT Advanced Technologies (NASDAQ:GTAT)
– Founded 3 scholarships promoting women of leadership and performance excellence, College of Engineering (University of Michigan)
– Varsity Softball (University of Michigan)
– Evans Scholars Foundation for needy with exceptional academics, character and caddy record
– University of Michigan Hermelin Award for fundraising leadership
– Most Influential Women in Business (Crains Detroit)
– Top 40 under 40 (Crains Detroit)
– EY Entrepreneur of the Year – Midwest (Manufacturing)
– University of Michigan Engineering Alumni Merit Award
– Guest on Florine Mark’s radio program “Remarkable Woman”
– Crain’s Notable Women in Manufacturing